Let's Set Up Your Business Phone Number
Profit Dial is the automated phone system built directly inside of your REI BlackBook account.
Like any other phone system, a phone number is needed in order to successfully use Profit Dial. Local phone number(s) are included in every subscription plan.
To see how many local numbers are included in your subscription plan, click here.
When setting up your phone number, you will be asked whether you would like a Business Line or an Informational Hotline.
For this example, we are going to walk you through setting up a Business Line, as well as setting up your call forwarding since this is the most common set-up.
For more information on the differences between a Business Line & Informational Hotline check out our Support Article What is the Difference Between a Business Line and Information Hotline?
In this support article, you will learn step-by-step how to set up a profit dial business phone number and how to forward incoming calls.
We have created a short video to show you how to set up a Profit Dial business line and how to forward incoming calls.
This video is part 2 of the Jumpartstart Video series located in the first section of the Support Center.
Don't have time to watch the full video? Read our step-by-step instructions.
1. Log in to your account. Click on your name located in the upper right-hand corner of your dashboard menu. In the drop-down menu, click on System Settings.
2. You will be directed to a new page. On the left-hand side, click on Numbers located under Profit Dial.
3. You will be directed to your phone number management system. To add a new number, click on Add New located in the right-hand corner.
4. A pop-up box will appear. Click on the Business Line option.
5. Under Local or Toll Free, click on the box and select whether you want a local number or a toll free business phone number.
Note: We recommend that you choose a local number because that will attract more prospects and leads. Toll free numbers have an additional charges.
6. Under Area Code, click on the box and type in the area code that you want.
You also can click on the boxes under Near Phone Number and Phone Number Contains, and type a numbers that are similar to what you are looking for.
When you are finished, click on Search For Numbers.
7. A list of available numbers will appear below. Click on a circle next to your desired number.
When you are finished, click on Use Selected Number.
8. Now, let's configure your number. Under Name this Number, click on the box and type in a name for your new number.
9. Then, under Setup a Callflow, click on Create new Callflow.
10. You will be directed to your callflow builder. Next to Name, located at the top left, click on the box and type in a name for your new callflow.
11. Under Start Callflow, click on Forwarding.
12. Under Destination Number, click on the box and type in a phone number that your Profit Dial calls will be forwarded to.
13. Under Caller ID, select what phone number you would like to show up on the Caller ID by clicking on a circle next to an option.
14. Under how long to wait, click on the box and select how long you want the incoming call to ring.
Note: The set times are five, 10, 15, 20, 30 or 60 seconds.
15. Scroll back up to the top and click on Save & Close.
16. When you are finished, click on Done. Or you can click on Reset Number Type.
We appreciate you taking the time to set up your business line and forwarding callflow! For questions, contact us at email@example.com.