What is CNAM?
Why is CNAM Registration Important?
- Avoid Being Flagged as Spam: Unregistered numbers, especially those used for business purposes, can often be automatically marked as 'Spam' or 'Unknown Caller' by carriers. Registering your CNAM helps in clearly identifying your calls, reducing the chances of them being mistaken for unwanted spam calls.
- Build Trust Instantly: A recognizable business name on the Caller ID instills immediate trust. Leads are more likely to engage when they see a legitimate business name rather than an anonymous number.
How to Register Your CNAM
Not all carriers use the same CNAM repositories so to make sure your covered. While you can register with T-Mobile and AT&T through the same registry, Verizon using a different system. Don't worry, below are instructions on how to get registered with each.
CNAM Registration with Free Caller Registry for T-Mobile and AT&T
CNAM Registration with Verizon via Voice Spam Feedback
Voice Spam Feedback is Verizon's platform for managing phone numbers and ensuring they are not wrongly labeled as spam.
Visit Voice Spam Feedback:
- Go to Voice Spam Feedback
- Create a new account by providing your business details.
- Complete the email verification process.
Submit Your Numbers
- After logging in, add your phone numbers under the appropriate section.
- Categorize your numbers based on their usage (e.g., Customer Service)
Compliance and Verification
- Ensure compliance with Verizon’s requirements by submitting any necessary documents.
- The verification process might take a few days.
Follow-Up and Status Checks:
- Regularly log in to check the status of your numbers.
- Respond to any requests for additional information promptly.