Let's Set Up An Information Hotline
An information hotline is great for programs such as Bandit Signs on Wheels, Free Reporting, and giving your callers information 24/7.
Adding an information hotline for Profit Dial is easy and it can be done in a few steps.
In this support article, you will learn step-by-step how set up an information hotline.
1. Log in to your account. Click on your name located in the upper right-hand corner of your dashboard menu. In the drop-down menu, click on System Settings.
2. You will be directed to a new page. On the left-hand side, click on Numbers located under Profit Dial.
3. You will be directed to your phone number management system. To add a new number, click on Add New located in the right-hand corner.
4. A pop-up box will appear. Click on Information Hotline.
5. Under Local or Toll Free, select whether you want a Local Number or a Toll Free Number.
Note: Toll Free numbers use on average more phone credits.
6. In the boxes toward the bottom of the section, type an area code that you want and a portion of a number that you are looking for.
When you are finished, click on Search For Numbers.
7. Select a phone number that you want by clicking on the circle next to it. Then, click on Use Selected Number.
8. Under name, click on the box and type in a name for your hotline number.
9. Under Use Existing Recording, click on the box and in the drop-down, click on your already created recording. To create a recording, click on Manage Recordings.
Under Read Message, click on the box and type in a message for a robot to read when someone calls your hotline.
10. After you complete the recordings, you can setup extensions. If you do not have any created, click on Go to Extensions.
Under select an available extension number, click on the box and type in a number. Under add a description, click on the box and type in a description for the extension number.
11. Under Select Basic Configuration, click on the box and in the drop-down, select what will happen when someone presses your extension number.
12. Under use existing recording, click on the box and select a recording that you have already created in your account.
Or click on manage recordings to create/upload a recording.
Or click on read message and type in a message for a robotic voice to read when someone calls in to your hotline.
13. Then, you can trigger a workflow for when someone enters presses one of your extensions. Under Select Smart Triggers, click on the search box and select a workflow that you have already created for your extensions.
Or click on Create new Workflow that will direct you to your workflow builder.
14. When you are finished, click on done. To cancel, click on cancel.
We appreciate you taking the time to learn how to set up an information hotline! For questions, contact us at email@example.com.