So you have made a new work flow and want to add some steps but are not sure what they are? Not to worry, here is a quick reference that will answer your questions.
- Text Reply: sends a reply to the contact with a text reply (This Module Requires Profit Dial Pro)
- Delay: The Delay step allows you to put a pause in your flow. Whatever is below the delay step will not be executed until the delay expires. Simply enter your desired duration and choose if this refers to minutes, hours, days, weeks, or months. You can also specify what time you want the next step to take place using the At, Between, or Any Time radio buttons on the right.
- Tagging: Tagging is a useful step that allows you assign a tag to a certain contact. Simply choose that tag or tags you want to apply to them and click save. You can also use this step to remove tags that the contact might already have assigned to them. (i.e. you have a possible probate lead, you can tag the contact as Probate.)
- Contact Tab: When a new contact record is created you can use this step to select which tab will show up once you view the contact. This way you can have the information that is most relevant to you be displayed.
- Smart Routing: Smart routing is one of the more powerful steps. In a nutshell it allows you to create a separate branch of events that happen depending on certain factors that you define within this step. First give your new branch a name and then click Filters.
It is on this screen that you can set the condition. For example if you want contacts with a certain tag to go under different steps than everybody else you can simply click on tags and select the one(s) you want to enter a new branch of steps.
- Ringless Voicemail: This will send the caller a scheduled phone call directly to their voicemail (without ringing their phone). (This Module Requires Profit Dial Pro)
- Task: This step creates a Task in your Task Manager. For example say that you want to be sure that you or someone on your team follows up with this contact with a phone call. You can use the task menu seen below to assign it to a team member, give it a priority, and give details on what to needs be done and by what date.
- Notification: The notification step is useful when you, or someone on your team, wants to be informed of someone reaching a certain step in your flow. You can select to be notified via email, text, or both.
- Email: The email step is one that you are likely going to be using a lot. It simply sends out an email to your contact from a Marketing Profile of your choice. We have many pre-made email templates that you can use and you can also create new emails on your own (System Settings -> Email Templates) . Once you know what email template you want to use simply select it from the menu.
- Stop Flow: This is a very useful step that can be used to stop the current flow or any other flow. For example say that you have a contact who texted in triggering the current flow, but then also called in triggering a call flow, and are now set to receive two sets of almost identical text messages. You can use this step to remove the other flow simply by choosing it from the dropdown.
- Source: Finally we have the source step. You can think of this as a specialized tag that states where the contact came in from. You can set the source easily by selecting the appropriate one from the dropdown.
- Contact Note: adds a note to a contact record
- Optin Status - option to opt-in or opt-out a contact's phone number and/or email address
Now that you have a general understanding of the different steps you can use in a Workflow, you can create a Workflow with the steps you need. If you have any questions about any of this please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-507-1945.