The Property Analyzer tool inside REI BlackBook can be used to analyze different types of real estate investing deals. Follow the instructions below to learn how to run a rehab scenario in the Property Analyzer.
- From your account's Dashboard click on Deals and select Property Pipeline from the drop down menu.
- Select the property that you want to analyze by clicking on the property address.
- Click on the Analyzer tab.
- Click on the Acquisition tab.
- Under What are your purchasing assumptions, choose Fix & Flip.
- The ARV value will be filled in from the average of the comparables selected in the Sale Comps.
- Set the Purchase Price by adding the Maximum Allowable Offer and Net Investor Profit you got from filling out the Wholesale option as seen in this tutorial.
- Select financing strategy between: Conventional, Hard Money/Private Lending, Line of Credit or Own-Clear
*Note: For this example, we'll use hard money/private lending (used for short term fix & flip strategies).
- Fill out the following fields:
- Loan Amount - purchase price
- Amortization (mo) - loan duration in months
- Interest rate
- Closing Cost
- Additional fields below can be used for a loan extension after the initial amortization has expired or if a different loan will be acquired after the termination of the initial loan.
- Scroll back up and click on the Expenses tab.
- Fill out the form as needed.
- Click on the Exit tab.
- Enter the Holding Period (mo) and Closing Costs.
- Click on the Reports tab and click on the Executive Summary (View) link, this gives you a quick overview in a professional layout of all the information related to your fix & flip.
- Click on the save/print icon to open the report in PDF format.
You have successfully ran a property analysis on a fix and flip deal. If you have any questions or concerns about the information above please contact us at email@example.com.