Profit Dial has the option to allow you to record calls for both your Business lines, and Information Hotlines. Call recording can be used for different reasons. The recorded calls can be used for training purposes, they can be used to capture missed or forgotten details, or to improve a service or product based on feedback provided by customers during the call. Whatever your reason may be for wanting to record calls it is a great benefit for you business. Turning on this feature on in Profit Dial is easy and can be done in a few steps.
NOTE: Call Recording is a feature that is only available in the Small Business Plan, and the Accelerator Plan. This feature is included in the Small Business and Accelerator plan, so there is not any additional costs to record calls.
- After logging into your REI BlackBook account, click on your name in the upper right hand corner, and select System Settings from the drop down menu.
- On the System Settings side bar click on Numbers underneath Profit Dial.
- There are two ways to access the call recording feature of Profit Dial. The first way you can access the call recording feature is by clicking on the word Disabled under Call Recording next to the number you want to turn call recording for. Note: If the call recording is already enabled for a number you will click on Enabled to access the call recording feature. The second way you can turn on call recording is by clicking on the three dots next to the number you want to turn call recording on for. After clicking on the three dots you will need to select Call Recording from the drop down menu.
- You can record incoming and outbound calls for each of your Profit Dial numbers. After accessing the call recording feature you will have the ability to select which calls you'd like recorded for each number. If you'd like to record incoming calls toggle the switch from Off to On. If you'd like to record outgoing calls toggle the switch from Off to On. If you want to turn call recording off, you would toggle the switches for both inbound and outbound calls from On to Off.
- The third option listed for call recording is to include a notice of call recording. This notice will let customers know that the call is being recorded. To turnt his feature on toggle the switch from Off to On. Note: In some areas the notice of call recording is required by law, so check with the laws in your local area to see if this is something you need to include to stay compliant.
- If you have the notice of call recording turned on, you will need to add a recording letting customers know the call is being recorded. You can use an existing recording, or you can have the system read a message you will type out. To use an existing recording click on Use An Existing Recording. You will then select the recording you want to use from the drop down menu. If you have a new recording you'd like to use you will need to upload this recording to your REI BlackBook account. To upload a recording to your account please follow the instructions in the article Upload a Recording.
NOTE: We have two recordings that you are welcome to use and they are attached to this article.
- As mentioned, an alternative to a recorded message, you can have the system read a message to your customer. To do this click on Read Message and type what you want the system to say.
- After you have selected the options you want to use for call recording click the Save Changes button to save your selections.
Your calls will now be recorded by the system for review at anytime. If you have any other questions or concerns about the information above please contact us at email@example.com.