Let's Export Your Contacts
There several different reasons why you may need to export your contacts.
You may need addresses in order to run a direct mail campaign, or you may need to skip trace a batch of contacts in order to gather more data on those contacts.
Whatever the reason may be, you can export your contacts by saving them in a CSV file to your computer.
A CSV file is the standard way of saving data and it can be opened by most applications such as Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets.
In this support article, you will learn step-by-step how to export your contacts from your account into a CSV file.
We have created a short video to show you how to export your contacts from your contact management system to your computer.
Don't have time to watch the video? Follow our step-by-step instructions below.
1. Log in to your account and click on Contacts located at the top of your dashboard menu.
2. You will be directed to your contact management system.
Click on the boxes next to the names of your contacts that you want to export. To select all, click on the box next to Name at the top.
Then, click on Actions. In the drop-down menu, click on Export Contacts.
3. A pop-up box will appear. Select the contact tabs that you want exported such as name, email, mailing address, etc.
To search for specific contact tabs, click on the search box and type in the name of your contact tab. To choose all of the contact tabs, click on Select All located under the search box.
Then, click on Export and Download .csv.
4. To download your CSV file, click on Download File.
The file will be saved to your downloads folder on your computer. Most browsers will show the file at the bottom of your window.
5. You also can access your CSV file in your file manager, which can be found under System Settings.
Click on your name located in the upper-right hand corner of your dashboard menu. In the drop-down menu, click on System Settings.
6. You will be directed to a new page. Click on File Manager located on the left-hand side under General.
7. Then, double click on the Contact Export folder.
8. Inside the folder, you will see your Contact Export document. Click on the document to download it to your computer.
Note: If your file is too large to download you will receive it through the email that is associated with your account.
We appreciate you taking the time to learn how to export your contacts! For questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.