Understanding Opt-In Messaging (Message Flow)
What is an Opt-In Message?
The Opt-In Message is a confirmation message that must be sent immediately after the customer opts into your program and is required for all opt-in methods. The TCPA requires this disclosure message to confirm their participation in receiving messages.
This message must contain the following information:
- Company name
- Program Description
- Opt-out Instructions
- Customer Care Contact Information
- Product Quantity or Recurring Message Program Disclosure
- Message & Data Rates May Apply Disclosure
To assist you and give you some clarity on Opt-In Messages, below you will find some GOOD examples of Opt-In Messages.
Some GOOD examples are as follows:
- You’re now subscribed to receive [Company Name] weekly property alerts. Msg&data rates may apply—text STOP to opt-out or HELP for help. Msg & Data rates may apply.
- Company Name]: You are now opted in to your recurring real-time property value alerts. Up to 4/msgs/month. Reply STOP to opt-out or HELP for help. Msg & Data rates may apply.
- REI BlackBook Example: REI BlackBook: Thanks for joining our VIP text list. Stay tuned for great deals. Up to 4/msgs/month. Reply STOP to opt-out or HELP for help. Msg & Data rates may apply. Terms & Privacy: reiblackbook.com/privacy-policy/
We appreciate you taking the time to learn about Opt-In Messaging. If you would have any additional questions, please free feel to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.