Let's Discuss the Callflow Builder
Callflows only are triggered when your Profit Dial phone number is called.
The callflow builder has 20 different features. From forwarding calls to your cell phone to creating a greeting, voicemail and more, you will start to rely on callflows for every call you receive from your Profit Dial phone number.
In this support article, you will learn where to access the callflow builder and you will learn all about the callflow builder's 20 features.
Steps To Access the Callflow Builder
There are two ways to navigate to your callflow builder.
- Log in to your REI BlackBook account. From your dashboard menu, click on Marketing located at the top of the page.
- In the drop-down menu, click on Callflows under Automation.
- Click on your name located in upper right-hand corner of the dashboard.
- In the drop-down menu, click on System Settings.
3. You will be directed to a new page. On left-hand side menu, click on Callflows under Automation.
4. It doesn't matter how get you there, but once you do, click on Add New Callflow located in the right-hand corner.
5. You will be directed to the workflow builder.
Callflow Builder Features
Before you can build a callflow, let's talk about what each feature can do. Once you know that, then you will be able to build callflows that fit your needs.
Here. We. Go!
Forwarding allows you to forward an incoming Profit Dial phone call to another phone number.
You have the ability to enter in the phone number that your Profit Dial call will be forwarded to, in addition to which phone number will be displayed on your caller ID, and how long the call should ring before moving to be the next step in the callflow.
If you click on + Add Forward Branching, you can develop your callflow based on if the call was answered or not.
A Greeting is a message that is played when someone calls in. This message welcomes or greets callers at the beginning of a call.
You can either type out your message and a computer generated voice will read it, or use a recording that you have already created and uploaded to your account.
Under Use An Existing Recording, click on the box and select your recording.
If you want to draft a message for a computerized to voice to read when someone calls in, click on Read Message. Under Enter the text, click on the box and type in your message.
If you need further assistance with creating a recording or uploading a recording follow in the instructions in the article Create a Recording.
Like a Greeting, you can use an existing recording, or create a new recording to use for your voicemail.
Under Use an Existing Recording, click on the box and select a recording.
If you want to draft a message for computerized to voice to read, click on Read Message. Under Enter the text, click on the box and type in your message.
If you click on + Add Voicemail Branching, you can develop your callflow based on if a voicemail was left or not.
Tagging allows you assign a tag to people when they call your Profit Dial phone number.
Under Apply tags, click on the box and select from the tags that you have created. You can create new tags there too.
You also can use this step to remove tags to a specific contact who might already have one assigned to them.
If you decide to remove all tags associated to a contact, click on the toggle next to Remove All Tags. This only will remove the current tags that are applied to the contact. It will not remove the tags that you are adding to the contact in this step.
For example, if a Lease Option tag already is applied to a contact, and you opt to remove all tags, but want to add the tag Wholesale in the same step, only the Lease Option tag will be removed.
Use a contact tab to create a unique set of data for different types of leads. This allows you to see necessary data fields in each contact record.
Under Add Contact Tabs, click on the box to search and select your contact tab that you have already created.
Probate leads have different data points than absentee owners. Only see data fields that are necessary in each contact record.
When contact tabs are triggered in a callflow, it tells the system to assign a certain kind of contact tab to a certain kind of contact record, so that the data is available in that contact record.
For people on a foreclosure list, you’re going to tab them as foreclosure, source them postcard or mailer (if that’s how you reached out to them) and apply a foreclosure contact tab.
Update Contact Field
Similar to contact tabs, Update Contact Field lets you include new information that is personal to your leads.
Under Update Field, you can click on the box and choose a field to include. Under Field Value, you can click on the toggle to overwrite existing field entry for a certain contact.
You can include contact information, sources, birthdays, or create your own, and more.
At any point in the callflow, you can trigger a workflow for the caller.
If a prospect or lead goes through your funnel and gets to a certain point within a callflow, use trigger workflow to put them into another campaign if needed.
When using this module, you will need to decide which workflow they will be moved into. Under Choose Workflow to trigger, you can click on the box and select from your list of workflows that you have already created.
NOTE: If the prospect or lead is moving through stages of your sales cycle and they no longer need to be in the current callflow, you will want your next step in the callflow to be Stop Flows. This will stop the current callflow, so the prospect or lead does not go through the remaining steps of the current callflow.
Smart Routing creates branches within a callflow that sends callers down a certain branch depending on whether or not they fit the criteria of that branch.
First, you can give your new branch a name and then click Filters.
Below is a description of the filter options located on the left-hand side menu.
- Caller: If you want contacts who are a first time caller to go through different steps than repeat callers, you can simply click on the box under Caller and select first time or repeat caller. Profit Dial will use call history to decide who is a first time caller and a repeat caller.
- Any Name: You can filter callers based on name. Type in the name you want to filter in the box, and set the condition for that name (I.E. Is Exactly, Is Not Exactly, Contains, etc.).
- Tags: You can filter callers based on the tags they have. Click on tags and select the tags you want for this branch of the callflow.
- Date Contact Added: You can select a date range for when contacts are added if you want the contacts added during that time to go down a different branch of steps than the other contacts in the callflow.
- Campaign Tracking: You can send contacts down a different branch of steps based on the campaign they come from in your campaign tracker.
- Tracking Link Name: This is the name of the campaign in your tracker.
- Campaign: Your target market.
- Source: The place where you are putting the tracking link, (I.E. Google, Facebook, etc.).
- Medium: The marketing strategy that you are using, (I.E. Email, Direct Mail, etc.).
- Content: The content of the marketing medium that you are using, (I.E. your advertisement.
- Term: Keywords that your target audience is going to use to get to your website.
- Property Filters: You filter contacts based on certain properties. These are the properties in your property pipeline and you can filter contacts based on which properties they are associated with.
- Has Properties: You can filter contacts based on if they have properties listed under their name in your contact manager.
- Property Roles: You can filter contacts based on their association with a property such as seller, buyer, agent, etc.
- Add New: You can filter contacts based on any data point you have such as name, email, phone number, etc. If you wanted any contact named John to follow a certain branch of steps in a workflow, then you can filter by the name John.
- Matches: Select Any or All by clicking on the toggle. This will help narrow down the filter or broaden it.
Don't forget to click on Apply before moving on or you can click on reset to start over.
To add more branches to your Smart Routing Module, you can click on +Branch, name the new branch, click on filters, and set the conditions of the new branch by completing steps 1-3 above.
A Ringless Voicemail will send the contact a voicemail without ever ringing their phone.
Under Use Existing Recording, you can click on the box and choose a ringless voicemail that you have already recorded. To go to your recordings, you can click on Manage Recordings.
Interactive Menu is a menu for callers to select from when they call your Profit Dial phone number. The number they select on their keypad will send them down a certain branch.
You can add numbers 0-9, and different steps can be selected for each number. So if a caller pressed No. 1, you can send the caller through different steps than someone who No. 2.
For the interactive menu, you will need to use an existing recording, or you can type out a message and have the system read the message to callers.
The message should prompt the caller to select a number by explaining what the different numbers mean.
Text Reply lets you send a text message that is sent to a new or existing contact.
Personalize your text messages by using a contact’s first name and property information. To type in a message, click on the box where it says Type Message Here.
If the message is going to a new contact, your text message could say, “Hey Chris, this is Josh from STL Home Offers. I just saw that you submitted your property information for a cash offer. Our team is working on it as we speak. If you have any questions, please call or text us at this number.”
Be cautious with including links with phrases such as “Click Here” because phone companies may view your text message as a spam.
Delay allows you to put a pause in your flow before executing the next step in your callflow.
Simply enter your desired duration and choose if this refers to minutes, hours, days, weeks, or months.
You also can specify what time you want the next step to take place using the At, Between, or Any Time radio buttons on the right.
Assign a Task
Assign a task to yourself or to a team member when a callflow is triggered.
When a lead calls your Profit Dial phone number, trigger a task for you or team member to accomplish.
“We just received a new voicemail. Call back to get more info immediately.”
You can send an email to a new or existing contact when a callflow is triggered. Send one email or a series of emails to stay in contact with prospects and leads.
When a call is missed, send email notifying them that you will get in touch with them shortly.
There are many already made email templates that you can use or create your own.
A notification is an internal message that lets you or your team members know that a callflow has been triggered.
You can send notifications via text message or email. Note: Notifications will cost you phone/email credits when they are used.
Stop Flow allows you to immediately stop all flows, or select a certain flow to stop for a contact.
You can click on the circles to select either Stop All Flows or Stop Selected Flow.
Under Stop Selected Flow, you can click on the box to choose which flow to stop.
Assign a Source
Determine where a lead or prospect came from and label it in a callflow by assigning a source to your callers.
If a new lead calls your Profit Dial phone number found on your Facebook Ad, then you could assign the source as Facebook Lead Ad.
You can create contact notes about certain contacts and apply those notes throughout to their callflow cycle.
If a lead completes a callflow and they do not take action, you can apply a note to their contact record stating that they did not take action.
Optin Status is the option to opt-in or opt-out of a contact's phone number and/or email address.
You can select to Don't Update, Opt In or Opt Out of a contact's primary phone number and email address.
A webhook is one way of communication from one application to another. It is an automated message that is sent from one application to another when something happens, which are sent to a unique URL.
If a new contact calls your Profit Dial phone number, an automated call may be configured to ask the server to send out a welcome email.
We appreciate you taking the time to learn about the features in our callflow builder!
If you have any questions about any of this please feel free to email us at email@example.com.
Click here to learn how to set up your first callflow.