The Property Analyzer tool inside REI BlackBook can be used to analyze different types of real estate investing deals. Follow the instructions below to know how to run a property analysis for a rental scenario.
- From your account's Dashboard click on Deals and select Property Pipeline from the drop down menu.
- Select the property that you want to analyze by clicking on the property address.
- Click on the Analyzer tab.
- Click on the Acquisition tab.
- Under What are your purchasing assumptions, choose Rental.
- Fill out the form under What is your financing strategy? section.
- Click on the Expenses tab.
- Fill out the form under What is your expense assumptions? section.
- Click on the Income tab.
- Fill out the form under How does your revenue break down? section.
- Click on the Exit tab.
- Fill out the Holding Period (yr) and Closing costs ($) section.
- Click on the Reports tab and click on the Cash Flow (View) link, this gives you an overview of how everything breaks down year by year.
- Click on the Operating Expenses (View) link, this gives you an overview of what you're expected to pay while holding the property.
- Click on the Executive Summary (View) link, this gives you a break down of how everything works, all the numbers related to your rental.
You have successfully ran a property analysis on a rental deal. If you have any questions or concerns about the information above please contact us at email@example.com.