Let's Secure Your Domain Name
We have created a short, four-part video series designed to help you set up your REI BlackBook account fast and easy.
Your time is valuable to us, so that's why we have these simple videos to get you up and running as fast as possible! Complete this video series and you will have your basic account information, your business phone number, and your motivated seller website set up, in addition to securing your domain name.
In Video 4, we show you step-by-step how to choose the perfect domain name for your business and how to assign it to your brand new motivated seller website. It's important to have a domain name in order to attract prospects and leads.
Choosing Your Domain Name
- Click to Download Your Domain Name Cheatsheet here.
- Fill out the worksheet that will help you create your domain name.
Securing Your Domain Name – 5:00
- Log in to your REI BlackBook account. Click on Web Tools located at the top of your dashboard page and in the drop-down menu, click on Domains.
- You will be directed to the Domains page. Click on Add New Domain located in the upper right-hand corner. From there, you can either import your existing domain or add a new domain. Click on Add New Domain.
- In the box under Domain Name, type in your preferred domain name. On the next box over, make sure it reads .com. If not, click on the box and select .com.
- Click on Check Availability when finished. If your preferred domain name is unavailable, repeat Step 3 and enter your other choices.
- Once you find a domain name that is available, you will then be allowed to enter your information and fill out of the required fields on the page. When finished, click on Buy Domain Name.
- Once you buy your domain name, it will appear in your Domain manager in your REI BlackBook account.
Linking Domain Name To Website – 9:00
- Log in to your REI BlackBook account. Click on Web Tools located at the top of your dashboard page and in the drop-down menu, click on Websites and then click on your website.
- Under Sellers Site Control Panel, click on the gear icon located to the left of the Site Domain URL.
- Under Set Up with a Custom Domain, click on the box and select your new domain name.
- Click on Update Domain. The Site Domain URL will now appear as your new domain name.
Do you already have a domain name and need help importing it? Click here, to read step-by-step instructions.
We appreciate you taking the time to secure your domain name. It is important that you have this basic item set up, so you can move on to more important tasks.
Congratulations, you are finished with the Jumpstart videos! If you need a refresher, click on the videos below.