Your REI BlackBook membership includes Secure Website Hosting for all domains purchased including Imported Domains as well. If you have an existing domain name and would like to use it for your website created in REI BlackBook, follow the instructions below to import the domain name:
- From your main dashboard click on Web Tools and click on Domains.
- On the Domains page click on the Add New button and then select Import Domain.
- Type in the domain name that you want to import on the space provided and click on the Import button.
- You will be taken to the "Complete your Nameserver Setup" page. Note: You can always return to this page by clicking the red triangle icon next to any domains that are not yet secure.
IMPORTANT: Each domain has its own assigned nameservers, so it is very important that this page is visited to determine what those are.
You will need to copy those custom Nameservers and update them with your other registrar. Below are the links to the instructions on how to do this in your third party domain registrar:
- Once done, go back to your REI BlackBook account's Domain Manager to confirm that import is successful.
NOTE: It may take 24- 36 hours for Nameserver changes to take effect.If you have any questions or comments on any of the instructions above, please feel free to reach out to us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org.