Let's Import Your Domain
If you already have an existing domain from another provider, you can easily import it into REI BlackBook.
Don't worry about creating a new one and starting over just because you joined REI BlackBook. In just a few simple steps, import your domain, so that you can continue conducting business on your website.
In this support article, you will learn step-by-step how to import your domain.
1. Log in to your account. Click on Web Tools located at the top of your dashboard menu. In the drop-down menu, click on Domains.
2. You will be directed to your domain management system. Click on the Add New located in the upper right-hand corner. In the drop-down menu, click on Import Domain.
3. Under Full Domain Name, click on the box and type in your domain name that you want to import. Then, click on the Import.
4. You will be taken to the "Complete your Nameserver Setup" page.
Note: You can always return to this page by clicking the red triangle icon next to any domains that are not yet secure.
IMPORTANT: Each domain has its own assigned nameservers, so it is very important that this page is visited to determine what those are.
5. You will need to copy those custom Nameservers and update them with your other registrar.
Below are the links to the instructions on how to do this in your third party domain registrar:
Once you are finished, go back to your REI BlackBook Domain Manager to confirm that the import was successful.
Note: It may take 24- 36 hours for Nameserver changes to take effect.
We appreciate you taking the time to learn how to import your domain in REI BlackBook. For questions, contact us at email@example.com.