Let's Setup Your Custom Professional Email
The secret to creating a professional email is that it should reflect your company's name or rather your domain name.
Having a free account such as firstname.lastname@example.org can affect your email deliverability, especially if you are sending bulk emails.
For example, if your domain name is texaspropertybuyer.com, then your professional should be something like email@example.com.
That way, when you send emails to prospects and leads, they know exactly where it is coming from and may not be want to delete it.
While you are setting up your G Suite account, you will need to update your MX records of your domain name and verify it with G Suite.
In this support article, you will learn step-by-step how to create a professional email address.
1. Create a GSuite account by clicking here.
2. Once you've reached Verify Your Domain page, click on Verify.
3. Then, click on Continue.
4. Copy your TXT verification code.
Note: Ignore the "Logging into Cloudflare" step.
5. Launch a new browser window and log in to your REI BlackBook account.
Then, click on on Web Tools located at the top of your dashboard menu. In the drop-down menu, click on Domains.
6. You will be directed to your domain management system. Under the Actions section of your domain, click on three dots and select Manage DNS from the drop down menu.
7. You will directed to the DNS Records page. Click on Add DNS Record located in the upper right-hand corner.
In the drop-down menu, click on Add DNS Record.
8. A pop-up box will appear. Under Record Type, click on the box and select MX.
9. Then, click on the box under Name and type in the @ sign.
Next, click on the box under Mail Server and paste the G Suite Verification TXT. This is the code you copied from you G Suite account.
After that, click on the box under Priority and type in 15.
When you are finished, click on SAVE.
10. Next, on the DNS Records page, click on Add DNS Record located in the upper right-hand corner. In the drop-down menu, click on DNS Templates.
10. A pop-up box will appear. Under Choose A Service Template, click on the box and select G Suite. Then, click on Apply Template.
Note: We do provide DNS Templates for, Microsoft Office 365, and GoDaddy Email Service.
11. Go back to your GSuite setup page and click on Verify My Domain.
Congratulations! You have now completed your G Suite Verification with REI BlackBook.
NOTE: There may be additional records that you will need to add manually. Domain changes can take up to 72 hours to go into effect, but it usually happens much sooner.
We appreciate you taking the time to learn how to create a custom professional email! For questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.