Let's Create Contact Fields Within Contact Tabs
New contact fields don't always have to be created in your contact field management system. You can create contact fields within a contact tab.
If you create a new contact field within a contact tab, then that field will automatically be added to your contact field management system.
Note: If you create a new contact field within your default details tab, then it will appear in new, existing and imported contact records.
In this article, you will learn step-by-step how to create a new contact field within a contact tab.
We have created a short video to show you how to create a new contact field within a contact tab.
Don't have time to watch the full video? Follow our step-by-step instructions below.
1. Log in to your account. Click on your name located in the upper right-hand corner. In the drop-down menu, click on System Settings.
2. You will be directed to a new page. On the left-hand side, click on Contact Tabs under CRM.
3. You will be taken to your contact tab management system. On the right-hand side of a contact tab that you want to create a new contact field in, click on the three dots.
In the drop-down menu, click on Edit.
4. You will be directed to Customize Contact Tab. To add a new contact field, click on + Add A New Field.
5. A pop-up box will appear. Select from the new field options.
6. Another box will appear. Under enter name, click on the box and type in a name for the contact field.
You can include more information about the contact field under Help Text.
7. To add an icon, click on Select Icon.
8. A pop-up box will appear. Browse through your choice of icons and click on the icon that you want.
9. When you are finished, click on Save.
10. You will be directed back to Customize Contact Tab where you can see your newly created contact field.
When you are finished creating contact fields, click on Save.
11. To view your new contact field in your contact field management system, click on Contact Fields located on the left-hand side under CRM.
You will be directed to your contact field management system. Scroll down to find your new contact field.
We appreciate you taking the time to learn how how to create contact fields within contact tabs! If you have questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.