Let's Create Conditional Custom Fields
A conditional custom field is a contact field where you can create multiple options and assign an option to a specific contact record.
Based on an option assigned, a certain workflow or a tag will be triggered.
For example, you can create a multi option contact field for the types of leads you have. Option 1 could be "Hot," Option 2 could be "Warm," and Option 3 could be "Cold."
You can apply a workflow or a tag for each option to be triggered when you assign it to a contact record. Before you do so, you must first create the workflows or tags.
Before assigning an option to a contact record, don't forget to add the contact field to your contact tab!
In this support article, you will learn step-by-step how to create conditional custom fields.
1. Log in to your account. Then, click on your name located in the upper right-hand corner of your dashboard menu.
In the drop-down menu, click on System Settings.
2. You will be directed to a new page. On the left-hand side, click on Contact Fields located under CRM.
3. You will be directed to your contact field management system. In the right-hand corner, click on Add New.
4. Next, under Choose Contact Field Type, click on Multi Option.
5. Under Enter name of the field, click on the box and type in a name for your contact field.
6. Under Option 1, click on the box and type in an option.
Then, click on Add Conditional Action.
You can choose to apply a tag when Option 1 is selected. To do so, click on the circle next to Apply Tag.
Then, click on the box below and select your already created tag.
Or, you can choose ro run a workflow for when this option is selected. To do so, click on the circle next to Run Workflow
Under Select Workflow, click on the box and select your already created workflow for this option.
7. To add another option, click on + Add Option.
Repeat steps 6 & 7 to add and fill out more options.
8. When you are finished, click on Save.
9. You will be directed back to your contact field management system. Now, you need to add your contact field to your contact tab.
On the left-hand side, click on Contact Tab located under CRM.
10. You will directed to your contact tab management system.
On the far right-hand side of a contact tab that you want to add your new contact field to, click on the three dots.
In the drop-down menu, click on Edit.
11. You will be taken to customize contact tab. To add your contact field, click on + Add A New Field.
You will be taken to Add A New Field. Click on Existing Field and under Choose An Existing Field, select your multi option contact field.
Then, click on Add Field(s).
12. You will be taken back to customize contact tab. Click on Save.
Then, click on Contacts located at the top of your dashboard menu.
13. You will be taken to your contact management system. Click on a contact's name.
You will be taken to that contact's record. To edit a contact's tab, click on the pencil icon.
14. Find your multi option contact field. Click on the box and select an option for your contact.
When you are finished, click on Save Profile. Once you click Save Profile, your tag and/or workflow for the option that you chose will be applied.
We appreciate you taking the time to learn how to create conditional custom fields! For questions, contact us at email@example.com.