Good news! You do not have to transfer your domain to another registrar. You will always be able to log into REI BlackBook. The domain manager will remain available to you so that you can manage your domain and your domain's DNS records.
If however, you still want to transfer your domain to a new domain registrar here is the information you requested.
Some items to note:
- You will need to request your Automated Genius login information from Customer Service.
- Then you will need to log into Automated Genius.
- Make sure to change the mark under "Lock", and click Edit. You will then select Off.
*Note: This will take about 15 minutes to complete.
- You are now able to purchase a transfer from your new domain registrar.
For example, GoDaddy.
- Complete any steps the new registrar may require.
- Log back into Domains through Automated Genius and you will need to approve the transfer.
If you want to transfer your domain to another company, the other company may ask for an authorization code (also known as EPP codes or transfer keys) to verify that you own the domain name.
Note: If you need an authorization code to transfer a domain to GoDaddy instead,
see Get an authorization code to transfer my domain to GoDaddy.
Many country-code top-level domain names (ccTLDs) don't require an authorization code. However, there are a few exceptions where you'll need to call GoDaddy support to get an authorization code. For more information, see Authorization codes to transfer ccTLDs
Before you request an authorization code, you need to verify the Administrative contact's email address - that's where the authorization code will be sent.
- Log back into Automated Genius
- Go to the Domain Settings page.
- On the Domain Settings page, under Additional Settings, click Get Authorization Code. We'll email the code to the address listed for the domain's Administrator.
If you have an .at, .au, or .eu domain name, we'll send the authorization code to the Registrant contact's email address as it displays in the Whois database.
If the administrative contact hasn't received the authorization code after 24 hours, you can download it by following the steps listed in Get authorization code via download.
If you have any questions about transferring your domain, please reach out to us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org.